Well, creating a page with 'Buy' and 'Download' buttons is fine but it is not perfect since the customer may not click on your 'Buy' button but on your 'Download' button. As a result he will download the software and purchase it direclty from the application without your affiliate ID. You will have to tell the installer what your affiliate ID is by performing one more step. That will ensure the application built-in store will include your Regnow affilicate ID during the purchase. The procedure is slightly different for Mac products and PC products. It is actually very simple for PC products:
Promoting a PC/Windows product: Just use this special download URL:
Where FILE_NAME is the product file name (or the full URL at Maxprog) and AFFILIATE_ID is your regnow afiliate ID. For example, for MaxBulk Mailer and Affiliate ID 123456:
Make sure you write the product file name or URL correctly. Try the URL, it should download the product installer with your affiliate ID attached. In the example above it would be: MaxBulkMailer_setup_123456.exe When that file is launched on a PC the software will be installed as usual but the purchase buttons inside the application will all point to Regnow and will include your affiliate ID. No error is possible, you will always get your commision, guaranteed!
Promoting a Mac product: It is a bit more complex that with PC products since Mac products don't have an installer, they come as disk images. As a result you will have to download the product from our server, decompress the disk image, add a file to it and compress it again. Then you will have to store the new file on your own server. This is the step by step procedure:
- Download the product Disk Image from our server.
- Launch Disk Utility.
- Click on the 'Convert' button.
- Select the Disk Image file you have downloaded and click on 'Convert'
- Add '_temp' (or whatever ) to the 'Save As' name, set 'Image Format' to 'Read/write', set 'Encryption' to 'none' and click on 'Save'.
- Double-click the new disk image you have created to mount it and open it.
- Add a Plain Text file labeled 'Regnow' into the folder labeled with the application name, containing your affiliate ID. It is recommended to create that file with TextWrangler (free).
- Once done, launch Disk Utility and click on the 'Convert' button.
- Select the Disk Image file you have just modified and click on 'Convert'.
- Remove '_temp' (or what you added) from the 'Save As' name, set 'Image Format' to 'Compressed', set 'Encryption' to 'none' and click on 'Save'. You will overwrite the version you downloaded from our server.
- Store this new file on your server and link it to your download buttons.
Try if everything works as expected. Do what a user would do and try to purchase a license from inside the product. You should be directed to Regnow and your affiliate ID should appear in the URL. No error is possible, you will always get your commision, guaranteed!