No support for HTML5

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MaxBulk Mailer has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of contents you use, it is just a bulk emailer. What you write/paste in her message panel is sent as is. The very only compatibility problem you will have is with a browser or a mail reader software. The MaxBulk Mailer preview is made with WebKit, the Safari HTML rendering engine.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't know, MaxBulk Mailer uses the same rendering engine, exactly the same one. Have you tried to restart your computer?

Hi,
I see this post is quiet old but I have the same problem now in 2023 : a page made in html5, visible with safari, is not previewed in Maxbulk or in my mail software after I send it. I can't understand what's wrong.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Is the code starting with the <html> tag spelled exactly this way with nothing else in the tag and no text before it?

Hi,
I have this on top of the page :
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="fr-FR"
<head>

Should I change that ?
Thanks for your help!

Hi, thanks for your help, that worked ! It's not working with the html5 documents made with Hype but with the ones made with Silex. It'll do.
thanks !

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Auto-generated code uses to be created for websites and will be rendered by web browsers. Emails will be rendered by email clients as well, so it is better to use clean code. HTML5 is the best HTML norm either along with CSS3. Previous norms are terrible. MaxBulk Mailer doesn't care since it sends the code as is. The preview is done with an embedded browser renderer.

Out of curiosity, my site, www.maxprog.com, is coded by hand with a text editor (BBEdit). It is HTML5+CSS3 with lots of PHP.